Roku has one of the finest streaming services in the industry. Many factors like workability and the cost of the service make this one of the most recommended streaming devices in the country. One of the main advantages of Roku streaming devices is the diversity among the products. It has managed to incorporate this factor into the devices without fluctuating the customer background of the device. Roku Ultra/Ultra LT is the costliest variant available among their product lineup, eventually deeming to be worthy of the price it sports. In this blog we will discuss the two major questions How to setup Roku Ultra and How to setup Roku Ultra LT.
Why a Roku Ultra/Ultra LT?
The ultimate selling point of the Roku ultra/ultra LT device is the tons of accessories it comes with. It is more practical than ever and comes with the enhanced voice remote on the package. The device itself looks sleek and boots up faster than its previous variants. The channel loading up speed or the downloading capability and a few other factors like that makes this one of the most desirable models on the Roku platform. In addition to all these features, the ultra/ultra LT supports an Ethernet connection as it has an Ethernet port on the device. this should be one of the best features for those who don’t have a steady wifi connection.
What Comes with the Package?
The following things will be in the package.
- The quick start guide
- Enhanced voice remote
- JBL headphones
- The Roku player.
How to Setup Roku Ultra and Ultra LT?
- Use the HDMI cable to connect the Roku device with your TV.
- If you want to stream the HDR content or 4K content, make sure you choose the HDMI 2.2 port to connect the device.
- Connect one end of the cable to the TV and the other end should go into the Roku device.
- Now plug in the adaptor to the wall outlet and the other end of the adaptor should go into the Roku ultra/ultra LT device.
- Turn on your TV and select the right input source using your TV remote.
- Now power up the Roku device. You will see the Roku logo on the screen. This means you’ve selected the right input source.
- If you don’t see the logo on your screen, try adjusting the cable at your HDMI port or change the connection to another port.
- Also, ensure that you’ve chosen the correct input on your TV.
How to Obtain the Activation Code for your Roku Device?
- Once you launch your Roku device, set the basic preferences like language, date, time, region, etc.
- Use your remote to toggle between the languages available. The language you choose will be the language the device uses in the future.
- After this, you’ve to connect the device to your available network.
- You can either use a Wi-Fi connection or the standard Ethernet cable.
- If you connect the Ethernet cable, you don’t have to enter the password for your network. The device will simply start connecting to the network.
- If you select the wireless network, choose the right network and enter the security key for that network.
- Use the shift key to change the case of the alphabets, if needed.
- Once you enter the security key and establish the internet connection, the device will proceed to look for software updates.
- Allow the updates to download. The device will restart once the download is over to save the changes made.
- Now a screen will display that shows the activation code.
- Make sure to note down the Roku activation code on your notepad or paper.
How to Activate the Roku Ultra/Ultra LT?
- Fire up your browser on a laptop or smartphone.
- Type in Roku.com/link activation code at the browser and hit the search button.
- There will be a space given to enter the activation code on the webpage.
- Enter the code without any errors and proceed further.
- It will take a few seconds for the code to verify, so sit tight.
- Once the code verifies, a popup will indicate the successful activation of the account.
How to Sign in to your Roku Account?
- Once the account activates, there will be two options for you to choose from.
- You can either sign in to the account or sign up for the account.
- If you have existing credentials for Roku, simply use the username and password to login to the account.
- If you want a new account, you can always create one by selecting the sign-up option.
- You have to enter your basic details, email ID and set the password for your account.
- Now you’ve to set the payment details to purchase the channels.
- You can use either of the two payment methods-credit card or PayPal.
- Now add the required channels to the list by browsing through the channel store.
- You can always do this later.
- Once you finish adding the channels, use your transaction details to complete the payment.
- All your channels will start adding up on your Roku device. This might take a couple of minutes depending upon your internet speed.
- Once the channels are added, you can start streaming your shows right away.
- Make sure to connect the Roku device into the HDMI 2.2 port to stream 4K content.
- Ensure you select the right input source to launch your Roku device.
- Enter the right password for your network. If you have a problem remembering the password for the network, simply look at the bottom of your modem.
- While entering the activation code, make sure you make no mistakes. The code is valid for only a few minutes, so use the code as soon as possible.
- You can generate a new activation code anytime you want by clicking on the “gear” symbol on the screen and opting to generate a new activation code.
- Make sure your internet speed is optimum and properly working.
If you need more information on “how to setup Roku ultra” or how to setup Roku ultra LT, do not hesitate to contact us @ +1-844-360-7450.